List of active policies
1.1 Protection of personal information
● "Personal Information" refers to any information relating to an identifiable, living natural person, including but not limited to names, addresses, contact details, identification numbers, educational records, and financial information.
● "Processing" refers to any operation performed on Personal Information, such as collection, recording, storage, adaptation, alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure, dissemination, erasure, or destruction.
1.1.2 Purpose of Collection and Processing Personal Information:
We collect and process Personal Information for specific and legitimate purposes related to our role as a Skills Development Provider. These purposes may include but are not limited to:
· Enrolling students in our programs and courses.
· Providing educational and support services to our students.
· Facilitating communication with stakeholders, including students, faculty, staff, and external parties.
· Monitoring and assessing academic progress and performance.
· Complying with legal obligations.
· Conducting research and analysis to improve our services.
We obtain consent from individuals before collecting and processing their Personal Information, unless otherwise permitted by law.
Consent may be obtained through written, electronic, or verbal means and may be withdrawn at any time, subject to legal or contractual obligations. However, withdrawal of consent may impact the provision of our services.
1.1.4 Collection and Use of Personal Information:
We collect Personal Information directly from individuals or authorized third parties for the purposes mentioned in Section 2.
The types of Personal Information we collect may include:
· Contact information (name, address, email, phone number).
· Identification information (ID numbers, passport details).
· Educational records and qualifications.
· Financial information (banking details, payment information).
· Health or medical information (if necessary for student support services).
· Employment information (for staff and faculty).
We will only use Personal Information for the purposes it was collected unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
1.1.5 Data Security and Confidentiality:
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard Personal Information against loss,theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Access to Personal Information is restricted to authorized personnel on a need-to-know basis and is protected by strong access controls.
We ensure that our staff and any third parties processing Personal Information on our behalf are bound by appropriate confidentiality and security obligations.
1.1.6 Data Retention:
Personal Information will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, as well as to comply with legal requirements. Upon expiration of the retention period, Personal Information will be securely deleted or anonymized.
1.1.7 Disclosure of Personal Information:
We may disclose Personal Information to authorized third parties, including but not limited to:
· Government authorities and regulatory bodies as required by law.
· Service providers and business partners who assist us in providing our services.
· Educational institutions or professional bodies for certification or accreditation purposes.
· When disclosing Personal Information to third parties, we ensure appropriate safeguards and contractual agreements are in place to protect the information.
1.1.8 Cross-Border Transfers:
We may transfer Personal Information to recipients located in countries outside South Africa if necessary for the purposes outlined in Section 2. In such cases, we will ensure appropriate safeguards are implemented to protect Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws.
1.1.9 Individual Rights:
Individuals have the right to access and update their Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions under POPIA9.2 Individuals may request the deletion or correction of inaccurate Personal Information. Individuals may object to the processing of their Personal Information or request the restriction of its processing.
Requests related to individual rights should be submitted in writing to our designated Privacy Officer (contact details provided in Section 10).
1.1.10 Contact Information:
Juan Smith – Operations Manager
TSIBA Ignition Academy Pty(Ltd)